Under the street food category, this is another recipe that I love. When I make the Gobhi Manchurian, I always pair it up with this very simple fried rice. Most of the times, I miss eating it on the streets because they add egg to it. This fried rice could be made in a jiffy especially if you have some left over rice. This would be a lovely recipe to use up leftover rice. Based on your preference you could use any kind of rice you have in hand. I used the basmati rice for this recipe, but I also make it at times using brown rice.
I have used whatever vegetables I had I hand, but you could use any vegetable of your choice. Few of the vegetables that would work great (apart from the ones I have used) would be bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, green beans, baby corn, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and so one. Also adding tofu would be an excellent choice.
A-Z Marathon – Alphabet I
Category – Street food
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
Difficulty level – easy
Ingredients to make Indo-Chinese Fried Rice – (serves 4)
- Basmati rice – 2 cup
- Onion – 1 large (chopped fine)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Spring onions – 4 (chopped fine with the greens)
- Cabbage -1 cup (chopped fine)
- Carrot – 2 small or 1 large (chopped fine)
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Chili sauce – 1 tbsp (adjust based on your spice level)
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – if needed
Procedure to make Indo-Chinese Fried Rice –
- Cook the rice and let it cool down.
- Heat oil in a wok or a wide pan and sauté the onions and spring onions along with ginger garlic paste. Let the onions turn translucent.
- Now add the rest of the finely chopped vegetables and sauté it on high heat until half way cooked. Make sure that the vegetables still have a texture to them.
- Add the soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar and ketchup and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked rice and toss gently to combine. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with Gobhi Manchurian or any other gravy!