Ingredients to make Kunukku - Serves 3-4
- Left over Adai batter – About 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3-4 tsp (Depending on how thin the consistency of the batter is)
- Onion (Finely chopped) – 1 small
- Green chillies (Optional) – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste (The adai batter already has salt)
- Vegetable oil – to deep fry
- Cilantro – few leaves (Finely chopped)
- Separate the excess liquid from the adai batter (as mentioned above). Add the rest of the ingredients to the batter (Except the oil) and mix well. The consistency should be like that of a vadai batter now, so that you can work it with your hands and drop into oil.
- Heat oil and once the oil heats up, add the batter to the oil. The shape would be small irregular balls. Try to keep the balls the same size as they would cook up evenly.
- Once they turn golden brown, drain on a paper towel and serve hot with ketchup or any chutney.